Monday, August 12, 2019

On Success

The first lesson that one should learn about success is that success builds upon success. There I was. I had just paid back 90k in a day. I was on top of the world. So what did I do? I took my already prepared business plan and decided to apply for a business loan. It wasn't much, just an attempt to kickstart my life. Maybe get a little advancement where there was none before. What happened? Maybe this sounds familiar. I called the business loan company thinking I was a hotshot after having jumped three levels in a week with my credit score. What were the first words out of his mouth? "What is your monthly income?" It was short, simple and sweet. After that, he asked me how much I wanted. With just a slight hesitation, I blurted out "Three hundred thousand dollars."

"Absolutely not." was his paraphrased response. "At your income level, the best you'll ever have to hope for is $12,000, maybe $20,000 if you're lucky." Here is the most important lesson to learn if you want to become successful. People only loan money to people who are guaranteed to pay them back. People only help people who can help them in return. Don't believe me? When was the last time that you got a substantial loan? How much income requirement was there? Did you read the fine print? Have to give up massive amounts of collateral?

What I'm saying is that success builds upon success. If you want to become successful, become a success first. And then you're assured to eventually become a success. This is true in almost any arena. Do you want to be considered for the Heisman? Work your butt off from pre-school to the 16th grade, get more results than anybody else your age, and then you may be "considered" for the Heisman. Do you want to become the president? Have a spotless record, resonate with people of every race, age, gender and background, learn a new language, stay out of trouble and have an air of being a "bad boy," and you will be president.

Success is the only way to succeed. Success builds upon success. Have you ever seen someone pull of a physically feat? This can be in combat sports, dancing or just weightlifting. What they never show you is that it was success that led to them ultimately succeeding and pulling off that physical feat. The daily success of diet and nutrition. An early morning run. Even the success of saving enough money every month to purchase new athletic shoes, for when the old ones become garbage. Success builds upon success and it is evident.

If you want to be a success, first succeed. Then the success part is easy. You have to succeed in any way you can. It doesn't matter if you are new. All you have to do is succeed, to show the world that you are capable of it, so that they can help you to create your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment