Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Perspective

The most important thing about life is to keep a good perspective. I've been through some amazing things in my time. The feeling of getting into college. The feeling of having my first apartment. Paying my first month's rent. It was all amazing. But the great accomplishment here is that there was no way that I could've afforded to do this on my own. It was all a great calamity of happenstance that got me here. I think that the trait that got me to this point, the point where I am now, was my honesty. It really shined through these last couple of years. Sooner or later I always tell the truth. It doesn't seem like that in some instances, but I tell the truth. I was so honest about the things that happened to me and about my feelings, that people couldn't wait to help me. I didn't want to be one of these kinds of people who just goes around, trying to put one over on everyone. I must admit that that was not the life for me. I wanted to feel like a true success. I wanted to be there, wanted to see my life unfolding before my eyes. I wanted to be the type of person that I had always looked up to. Not necessarily the richest, but the richest in spirit. People that had truly made an impact on my life, made me feel special and important.  It was absolutely necessary that I tell the truth. Pretty much everything I have with me right now is free. I didn't have to pay for any of it. I know what you're saying: "Oh, that's cheating." But think about it. If you could legally, honestly, have everything you wanted for free, would it not be a moral imperative for you to try to get it? I love to go to the library and check out free books. The library is my shopping spree. I get books on the subjects that I've always wanted to learn. I've got on book now called "The Illusion of Knowing." It goes into how humans cannot possibly contain all of the knowledge, in their heads, to explain everything that they "know," or think they know. I was thinking about my first Kickstarter as it relates to this theory. I wish I had read this book back then. I might have avoided a really costly mistake. The principle discovery here is that the perspective that I had back then was one of "Gotta get that change, mang!" While getting change (mang) is always to be lauded - for, how else would change come to be in one's possession?- but at the same time, there are more valuable things than money. One's good name comes to mind. Peace of mind as well. It's funny. In my perspective, every day I've been a live has been a good day. Wellness is the crown on the well man's head that only the sickly among us can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment